Please take advantage of our easy to use, on-line move service, available 24 hours a day. If you are closing an account, please have your account number handy. Assistance is always available by calling Customer Care at 416.542.8000. Our office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
ACCOUNT SET-UP CHARGE
When a new account is opened an Account Set-up Charge is applied to the first bill. Currently, the charge is $30.00 and is approved by our Regulator, The Ontario Energy Board.
PRE-AUTHORIZED PAYMENT PLAN
Our convenient Pre-Authorized Payment Plan allows your bills to be paid automatically.Once you have enrolled, your payment will be deducted from your bank account. You will continue to receive a bill detailing your account charges and the “Amount Duewill automatically be withdrawn on the “Due Date”. Download the form to apply for the Pre-Authorized Payment Plan now.
To ensure that consumers receive consistent and equitable treatment, Toronto Hydro has laid out new security deposit guidelines. Customers are required to provide a security deposit. Deposits are held as security to guarantee payment of future charges. To ensure that customers receive consistent and equitable treatment, the security deposit calculation is based on Ontario Energy Board guidelines.
Toronto Hydro will now charge all customers for Security Deposits based on the following:
- Accounts billed monthly: 2.5 times the amount of an average bill
- Accounts billed every two months; 1.75 times the amount of an average bill
Security Deposits may be waived for residential customers under the following conditions:
- Join our Pre-authorized Payment plan
- 1 year good payment history* within the last 2 years (for existing customers)
- Provide a reference letter from another electrictiy or natural gas utility in Canada indicating good payment history for 1 year
- At the customer's expense, provide a credit check demonstrating a good credit history.
* A good payment history consists of; not more than one Disconnect Notice; not more than one cheque returned due to Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF); and no disconnections.
Security Deposits may be waived for commercial customers with a good payment history* as follows:
- < 50 kW Demand customers: 5 years
- All other customer classes: 7 years